Essential Cadet Knowledge
"To Motivate Young People to Be Better Citizens"
LOYALTY - to bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution...your peers
DUTY - to fulfill your obligations
RESPECT - to treat people as they should be treated
SELFLESS SERVICE - to put the welfare of the nation...before your own
HONOR - to live up to all values
INTEGRITY- to do what is right, legally and morally
PERSONAL COURAGE - to face fear, danger, or adversity
The 11 Principles of Leadership
1. Know yourself and seek self-improvement.
2. Be technically and tactically proficient.
3. Know your subordinates and look out for their welfare.
4. Keep your subordinates informed.
5. Set the example.
6. Insure the task is understood, supervised, and accomplished.
7. Train your subordinates as a team.
8. Make sound and timely decisions.
9. Develop a sense of responsibility among your subordinates.
10.Employ your command in accordance with its capabilities.
11.Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions.